Australia Visa Information
About the Electronic Travel Authority
The Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) provides you ETA / eVisitor visa to enter into Australia for holiday or business purpose only. For example, visiting friends or family, or undertaking any business activities, such as, making business enquiries, contractual negotiations or attending any conference etc.
Once your visa is approved you can travel anywhere in Australia. Your details are linked electronically to your passport and it is accessible by airlines, travel agencies and Australian Boarder Protection Authority. Australia ETA /eVisitor visa expires in 12 months. However, you can only stay for 3 months maximum on each visit.
What an Electronic Travel Authority lets you do?
The Electronic Travel Authority allows you to travel to Australia with ETA / eVisitor visa. However, the following conditions apply to your ETA / eVisitor visa:
- Visiting Australia must be limited to tourism or business visitor activities only
- Australia ETA / eVisitor visa valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- You can travel multiple times before it’s expire. However, the maximum length of stay on each visit is three months
- ETA /eVisitor visa doesn’t allow you to do any paid work in Australia. You may undertake business visitor activities such as, making business enquirers, contractual negotiations and attending conferences, trade fairs, seminars etc
- Condition 8201 – you must not study for more than three months
- Condition 8527 – you must be free from tuberculosis
- Condition 8528 – you must disclose if you have any criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total collective period of 12 months or more, even though it hasn’t been served yet
Important: You must leave Australia before your ETA / eVisitor visa expires. If you do not meet this condition you may put yourself at risk of being detained and / or removed from Australia. Overstaying can also affect your future application for Australia ETA / eVisitor visa. However, if there is a situation that you can’t leave before 3 months you must apply for another visa before your 3 months stay period is over.
Who could get this visa?
You might be able to get ETA / eVisitor visa:
- If you are a citizen of any eligible countries and hold a valid passport at the time of your application
- If you intend to travel to Australia for tourism of business visitor purpose only
- Finally, if you meet some pre-conditions at the time of your application.
Reason for stay
Tourism and business purpose only.
Tourism activities includes visiting friends and family or just entertainment and a holiday.
Business visitor activities include:
- Making general business enquiries
- Investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- Government to government official visit
- Participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars etc as long as not been paid by the organisers for attending.
To apply for ETA / eVisitor visa you must be the citizen of the following countries and hold a valid passport. If you hold a non-citizen passport or other travel document, such as a Certificate of Identity, you are not eligible to apply for an ETA / eVisitor visa.
Australia visa eligible passportsare :
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City